We have all been through it. Queuing up at the teller, waiting for the branch to open, unable to bank during holidays or weekends - just when we need, forgetting to pay bills. Welcome to digital banking! The smarter, simpler way to bank while on-the-go.
We have all been through it. Queuing up at the teller, waiting for the branch to open, unable to bank during holidays or weekends - just when we need, forgetting to pay bills. Of course ATMs have made life easier, but you still need to drive up to one. Not to mention the fuel charges, parking tickets and time spent. It's also good for the environment. In a few clicks, your transactions are done. Life is too important to spend on banking chores.
New McKinsey research on urban consumers in UAE and KSA1 shows that at least 80 percent of these consumers now prefer to do a portion of their banking on computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Welcome to digital banking! The smarter, simpler way to bank while on-the-go, digital (or online) banking includes using the mobile version of the Citibank site or the free mobile app. No manual required - just internet access and a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Citi Mobile is a simple and secure way to view your account summary, transactions, transfer funds, search for thousands of great offers, automatically pay utility bills such as DEWA, Etisalat, Du and Salik, setup recurring transfers, book time deposits, apply for easy instalment plans, check out new products, shop online that gift you forgot to buy yesterday or tickets for the concert this weekend. If all else fails, you can even use it to find the nearest Citibank branch, Financial Center or ATM anywhere in the world.
Tap, swipe, click and its done. Convenient, simple and user friendly.
Did we mention all this from your finger tips, while you lounge on the sofa or sipping a cuppa. The productivity digital banking offers is hard to argue with. In fact, according to a study by CACI Consultancy, by 2020 it is predicted that we will use mobile apps and digital banking 10 times more often than we will physically visit a branch. Now it is all backed up with the latest security features, you can even use your fingerprint to login and protect your records.
That said, branches will continue to play an important role, for more complex transactions such as loan and credit card applications.
Time saved is money made. Discover the convenience of self-service digital banking. Now that you know the benefits, you can do more important things.
If you are Citibank UAE Debit or Credit Card customer with valid Online Username and Password, you are set! If you have not yet registered, visit Citibank Online you can do it right from the Citi UAE Mobile App, download the app now: www.citibank.ae/uae/citimobiledownload/, when you have it, click on "Register" button to get started.
With great power comes great responsibility. Borrowing that adage, the same power can be used by the wrong hands. Hence, a few things to watch out for:
- Enable 2-Factor authentication (i.e. a combination of password and SMS). Use biometric (fingerprint, voice, image recognition) and keep a strong alphanumeric password that's different from other apps or services you use. Sorry 123pass does not count. Of course, change it regularly.
- Phishing or smishing (the mobile equivalent) could trick you into visiting a 'Citibank-like' sites. Always manually key-in the address and look for the green secure padlock (https://www.citibank.ae). If unsure, call the customer support.
- Avoid public WiFi hotspots at coffee shops and be wary of sneaky shoulder surfing
- In case you have lost or misplaced your smartphone, call Citibank and block access or purge data remotely.
- Always download the Citi Mobile app from the official Apple App Store or Google's Android Playstore.