After you've decided on the type of credit you need and how much you can afford, follow these steps for maintaining a good credit history.
- Shop around for the best credit terms.
- Understand the terms of the agreement before you accept a loan or credit card.
- Save money each payday for emergencies.
- Set a monthly limit for charges and stick to it.
- Shop as carefully with credit as you do with cash.
- Don't take on monthly credit payments unless you're certain you can meet them.
- Pay bills promptly and in full to keep interest charges low.
- If you charge day-to-day expenses, pay them in full each month.
- Keep credit card information (including the phone number of the issuer) in a safe place in case your cards are lost or stolen
- Keep copies of your sales slips and compare the charges when bills arrive. If there's a mistake, call your issuer right away.
To know more about Citibank’s credit offerings, visit www.citibank.ae