Login to Citi Mobile
Make the best of being home with fee-free online shopping.
Stay safe and save with Citibank Global Wallet.
With the feature turned on, shop on international websites using your Citibank Debit Mastercard® and pay zero foreign transaction or currency conversion fees. You can also lock in FX rates when they are favourable - giving you an even better deal at the checkout.
9 currencies in 1 Debit Mastercard
Spend in the local currency overseas and shop online globally like never before.
Turn on your Citibank Global Wallet
today to enjoy these benefits:
Avoid currency conversion charges and transaction processing fees.
Automatically switch your debit card to the currency you are transacting in.
Enjoy fee-free withdrawals at Citi ATMs worldwide.
Take control of your global spending
All on your Citi Mobile® App
With just one click, turn on Citibank Global Wallet and
add foreign currency accounts so you can transact
in up to 9 currencies.
Do you hold a current/savings account with Citibank United Arab Emirates?
Traveling soon? Turn on your Citibank Global Wallet in just 1 click.
Simply activate this feature on your Citi Mobile® App to start transacting and enjoy the benefits.
Let us call you to open a Citigold or a Citigold Private Client account.
USD 200,000 TO USD 999,999MINIMUM TOTAL RELATIONSHIP BALANCE
Welcome gift up to
AED 9,000 Cashback
Annual Fee Waiver on select premium Citi Credit Cards
Preferential FX Rates
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Citibank Global Wallet?
Citibank Global Wallet is a new feature linked to your Citibank Debit Mastercard, which allows you to make purchases overseas at point-of-sale or online, and withdraw cash from Citi proprietary ATMs without incurring additional foreign currency conversion fees and administration fees. You can access up to 8 currencies with this new feature.
For example, with Citibank Global Wallet turned on, if you are travelling to UK and have a Sterling Pound currency Account with us, any Sterling Pound transactions or cash withdrawals will be debited directly from your Sterling Pound foreign Currency Account at no additional conversion fees.
How can I benefit from Citibank Global Wallet?
Citibank Global Wallet is beneficial when you are:
- Travelling overseas for holidays, family visits or work.
- Making online purchases from international websites.
- You can save on additional foreign currency conversion fees and administration fees.
How many foreign currencies can I transact in?
You can transact in 8 foreign currency accounts: Swiss Franc, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, New Zealand Dollar, Sterling Pound, and US Dollar.
If you are an existing bank account holder, you can turn on Citibank Global Wallet by using Citi Mobile® App. Once it is turned on, your Citibank Global Wallet will be automatically linked to all your foreign currency accounts.
Will foreign currency transactions be debited directly from my foreign currency accounts automatically?
Yes, once you have turned on Citibank Global Wallet, your point-of-sale/online transactions and overseas ATM cash withdrawals will be automatically debited from your foreign currency account as long as there is sufficient balance.
Is there any minimum deposit required to turn on Citibank Global Wallet?
No, Citibank Global Wallet does not require any minimum deposit for your accounts to be linked to your Citibank Debit Mastercard. Simply turn it on using Citi Mobile® App to get started.
Are there any charges or transaction fees when using Citibank Global Wallet?
There are no third party or international transaction fees when utilizing your Citibank Global Wallet feature at point-of-sale or online shopping. There will also not be any foreign exchange conversion fees and withdrawal fees at any Citi proprietary ATMs worldwide or when you transfer funds to another Citibank account. Please note that even after you have linked your Citibank Debit Mastercard to your Citibank Global Wallet, you may still be given an option for currency conversion during ATM cash withdrawals or POS transactions due to the Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) process imposed by other banks on overseas transactions. You should reject currency conversion options to avoid incurring additional fees/charges.
DCC is a service that may be offered by a Merchant or Acquirer that enables a Cardholder - when travelling abroad or making a transaction that is not in their home currency (i.e AED) - to choose whether their transaction should be completed in either the local currency or their home currency (i.e AED). If home currency is selected, you will incur a Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) fee charged by the Acquirer with the foreign currency cash withdrawal debited from your Primary account.
Who can use Citibank Global Wallet?
As long as you hold a Citibank Debit Mastercard, you are eligible to use Citibank Global Wallet.
Which foreign currency accounts can be linked to Citibank Global Wallet?
You can link your foreign currency current and savings accounts to Citibank Global Wallet. If you have multiple accounts in the same foreign currency, please pick only one during enrolment. Once you turn on Citibank Global Wallet, the selected foreign currency accounts will be enrolled for Citibank Global Wallet.
What should I do if I want to switch to another currency account?
You may visit "Global Currency" in "Profile & Settings" to turn off Citibank Global Wallet and then turn it back on. You will be given another chance to select the currency accounts.
How can I add new foreign currency accounts to Citibank Global Wallet?
Very simple! All you need to do is call Citiphone on +971 4 311 4000 or your Relationship Manager, and they will assist you with opening the foreign currency account. As long as Citibank Global Wallet is enabled on your Citi Mobile App, your new foreign currency account will be added automatically.
Should I buy foreign currencies only after turning on Citibank Global Wallet?
You may buy foreign currencies even before turning on Citibank Global Wallet. The service enrolment does not necessarily precede currency exchange.
Do I need to turn off Citibank Global Wallet after traveling?
You do not need to turn off Citibank Global Wallet after traveling. When you spend or withdraw UAE Dirham, the default UAE Dirham account will be debited when Citibank Global Wallet is enabled.
Do I need to manually select the foreign currency account each time when I transact in a different currency?
No, your debit card will automatically choose the right currency for you by matching the currency of the transaction or the withdrawal against the currency of the account. You do not need to switch between accounts of different currencies manually.
What happens if I have turned on Citibank Global Wallet and there are insufficient funds in my foreign currency account when making an overseas spending transaction or ATM cash withdrawal?
The transaction or withdrawal will be processed from your primary account if you have insufficient funds in the foreign currency account. You can buy foreign currencies via the Citi Mobile® App immediately and make the transaction or withdrawal again. Remember to prepare sufficient funds in your foreign currency account before traveling or shopping!
What happens if my foreign currency account is blocked/inactive at the time of transaction or withdrawal?
The transaction or withdrawal will be defaulted to the primary account to proceed the transaction or withdrawal (but exchange rate and any applicable fees, as applied by Citibank UAE at the time of processing, shall apply).
What happens if I transact in or withdraw a foreign currency that Citibank Global Wallet does not support?
Your primary account will be debited. Exchange rates, as applied by Citibank UAE at the time of processing, shall apply.
If the overseas merchant or ATM gives me the option of settling the transaction or withdrawal in foreign currency or local currency, which option should I pick?
If you want to complete the transaction or withdrawal through Citibank Global Wallet, you should choose to settle in foreign currency. If you choose to settle in local currency, the merchant or ATM operator will use its exchange rate to convert the foreign currency transaction or withdrawal to local currency. You will not be able to use Citibank Global Wallet for Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) transactions, and your default primary account will be debited instead.
I have turned on Citibank Global Wallet. Why is my default local currency account debited when I make an overseas spending transaction or ATM withdrawal?
In order to be processed, each transaction should receive an authorization code through the system to proceed with the purchase or ATM withdrawal. If the merchant does not obtain authorization code for the foreign currency transaction, or if you withdraw cash during system downtimes, your default primary account may be debited.
Which account should I select on the overseas ATM's screen during an overseas cash withdrawal?
Some overseas ATMs may give you the option of choosing which account to withdraw cash from. On such screens, no matter which account type you select, (default account, savings account, or checking/currency account), the withdrawal will be processed from the foreign currency account linked to Citibank Global Wallet. You may still be given an option for currency conversion during ATM cash withdrawals or POS transactions due to the Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) process imposed by other banks on overseas transactions. You should reject currency conversion options to avoid incurring additional fees/charges.
How will the refund of an overseas spending transaction be handled?
When processing the refund, we will endeavor to credit the refund to the foreign currency account debited for the original transaction if the merchant using the same trace number made the refund and/or authorization code of the original transaction so that we are able to trace the original account details. If, however for any reason, we are unable to refund to the original foreign currency account, the refund will be credited to the default primary account, which may be different from the currency of the original foreign currency account. If Citibank Global Wallet is turned off or unavailable at the time of refund processing, currency conversion may be involved and you may suffer an exchange loss as a result.
Is it really free for overseas spending transactions or ATM cash withdrawals made through Citibank Global Wallet?
Citi does not charge any handling fee for overseas spending transactions or Citi ATM cash withdrawals made through Citibank Global Wallet. However, some overseas ATM operators may levy a fee for ATM usage or handling fee for your transaction which case your relevant foreign currency account will be debited for that fee.
Is there a transaction limit for overseas spending transactions made through Citibank Global Wallet?
Overseas and local spending transactions share the same set of transaction limits, including the point-of-sale transaction limit and the online purchase limit. You may visit "Change transaction limit" in "My profile" on Citibank Online to check and change the limits anytime you want.
How can I check the transactions or withdrawals made through Citibank Global Wallet?
You can easily keep track of all your transactions or withdrawals performed by accessing the Citi Mobile® App or Citibank Online, or by viewing your monthly statement.
Can I access Citi Global Wallet on my Citibank Visa Debit card?
No, Citi Global Wallet is a Mastercard feature and cannot be accessed on Visa Debit Cards.
Terms and conditions
Citigold Cashback Offer Terms and Conditions:
- Campaign is valid for applicants who applied through selected channels from August 1, 2019 until December 31, 2019.
- This offer is applicable exclusively for customers that open a Citigold/Citigold Private Client account through the dedicated campaign page on Citibank UAE website.
- Once a Citigold account is opened, the customer has to fund the account with:
- the equivalent of minimum $200,000 within 90 days of account opening date, for AED 6,000 cashback, or
- the equivalent of minimum $500,000 within 90 days of account opening date, for AED 9,000 cashback, or
- the equivalent of minimum $1,000,000 within 90 days of account opening date, for AED 12,000 cashback.
- Post funding of account with the slab amount mentioned above, the customer must maintain that balance for 90 days post funding date, to be eligible for the reward.
- Cashback reward will be credited within 30 working days post eligibility fulfilment.
- Customer that have closed any Citibank, Citigold or Citigold Private Client account where he/she was an account holder (single or joint account) during the 12 months immediately preceding the date of opening the new Citigold Account under this campaign are not eligible for the reward.
- If the customer is a US Persons, the awards will be subject to FATCA reporting. Retail product team with share details with banking operations team for reporting purposes.
- For joint accounts, only one reward will be given to the Primary Account Holder.
- Citibank staff (Including Outsourced staff) are not eligible for this campaign.
- This offer is applicable only for UAE residents.
- All Accounts will be opened at the sole discretion of Citibank, N.A UAE and only upon receipt of complete documentation required.
- Citibank reserves the right to change / modify the campaign anytime.
- Citibank Terms and Conditions apply. They are subject to change and are available upon request. For the current Terms and Conditions please visit www.citibank.ae/TnC
- All offers are made available on a best-effort basis and at the sole discretion of Citibank, N.A.
- In no event shall Citibank, any of its affiliates, or any of their officers, directors, employees or agents be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising out of or otherwise related to this offer.
- By inquiring about our services, offers or products, you will be authorizing our representatives to approach you on your contact details including your telephone/mobile number.
- If the required balance is not maintained (For Citigold $200,000 and/or Citigold Private Client $1,000,000) for 6 months, the account may be closed or downgraded by Citibank in compliance with the applicable terms and conditions.
- Existing retail banking customers are not eligible for this offer on account upgrades.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Investment products are not bank deposits or obligations or guaranteed by Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries unless specifically stated. Investment products are not insured by government or governmental agencies. Investment and Treasury products are subject to Investment risk, including possible loss of principal amount invested. Past performance is not indicative of future results: prices can go up or down. Investors investing in investments and/or treasury products denominated in foreign (non-local) currency should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause loss of principal when foreign currency is converted to the investors home currency. Investment and Treasury products are not available to U.S. persons. All applications for investments and treasury products are subject to Terms and Conditions of the individual investment and Treasury products. Customer understands that it is his/her responsibility to seek legal and/or tax advice regarding the legal and tax consequences of his/her investment transactions. If customer changes residence, citizenship, nationality, or place of work, it is his/her responsibility to understand how his/her investment transactions are affected by such change and comply with all applicable laws and regulations as and when such becomes applicable. Customer understands that Citibank does not provide legal and/or tax advise and are not responsible for advising him/her on the laws pertaining to his/her transaction. Citibank UAE does not provide continuous monitoring of existing customer holdings.
- Citibank Terms and Conditions apply, are subject to change and are available upon request. For the current Terms and Conditions, please visit our website www.citibank.ae/TnC. All offers are made available on a best-effort basis and at the sole discretion of Citibank, N.A. Citibank, N.A. makes no warranties and assumes no liability or responsibility with respect to the products and services provided by partner(s)/other entity(ies). By inquiring about our services, offers or products, you will be authorizing our representatives to approach you on your contact details including your telephone/mobile number.