Save time and make seamless payments by getting a Citibank Debit Card. The new contactless feature of the Citibank Mastercard Debit Card eliminates the need to enter your pin or swipe the card at a merchant’s point-of-sales (POS) terminal. This debit card also minimizes physical contact during payments and reduces the inconvenience of carrying cash.
What’s more, with a debit card in UAE, you can enjoy a wide range of exclusive privileges like airport lounge access, discounts at leading retail outlets, free air miles and much more. Apply for a Citibank Debit Card online now and enjoy the host of benefits it offers.
- Tap and Go with the new contactless feature on your Citibank Mastercard Debit Card.
- Transact in 9 currencies with the exclusive Citibank Global Wallet feature.
- Indulge in the luxury you deserve with Citi Promotions.
- Unlimited, complimentary access to airport lounges across Middle East.
- 1 Skywards Mile for every 2 USD of retail spend
- Miles on quarterly account balances with the Emirates Advantage Account
- Exclusive discounts at leading retail outlets in the UAE
- Worldwide recognition and discounts across more than 30 countries with Citi Promotions
- Enhanced security with Chip and PIN
- Tap and Go a new contactless feature on your Citibank Visa Debit Card.
Features and Benefits of Citibank Debit Card
Online and Mobile Banking
From viewing your account information and accessing current information on products and services to transferring funds and paying bills, Citibank Debit Cards help you do these and much more wherever you are. All you need to do is, log on to Citi Online to access Online Banking Services or download the Citi Mobile App to access Mobile Banking Services.
With the Citibank Mastercard Debit Card, you can easily define your monthly spending limits. For example, you can set a spending limit of up to AED 100,000 per month and shop to your heart’s content. You can activate and assign a spending limit to your debit card by logging in to the Citi Mobile App or by calling the 24-hour CitiPhone Banking Service on 04-3114000.
You can use the Citibank Mastercard Debit Card globally to make payments. With this debit card, you can enjoy a wide range of features, such as enhanced convenience, security and global recognition, wherever you are, thanks to the Citibank Global Wallet.
Enjoy round-the-clock access to various banking services with the 24-hour CitiPhone Banking Service. You can use the CitiPhone Banking Service to access services such as Debit Card account balance information, PIN activation, link account change, fraud loss reporting, report stolen card, retail limit change/enhancement, and more. For more information, you can call the 24-hour CitiPhone Banking Service on 04-3114000.
Lost Card Replacement
If your Citibank Debit Card is lost or stolen, you need to immediately call the 24-hour CitiPhone Banking Service on 04-3114000. A replacement debit card may be issued to you in about three business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
One of the major differences between a credit card and a debit card is that with a credit card, your bank can lend you money for purchases which you need to repay within the specified period or choose to convert the amount to Equated Monthly Instalments (EMIs) and repay it with interest on a monthly basis. Whereas, with the debit card, you will be able to only spend the amount that is there in your bank account.
There are several advantages of using a debit card, some of them are mentioned below:
- Enjoy Contactless Payments: Some debit cards come with a contactless feature that helps you make seamless payments and eliminate physical contact.
- No Need to Carry Cash: You can pay for purchases online or make payments electronically, which reduces the inconvenience of having to carry cash.
- Prevents Overspending: When you pay for a purchase using a debit card, the amount is directly debited from your bank account, so you won’t be able to spend more than what you actually have.
- Chip and PIN Security: As a Citibank Debit Card comes with Chip and PIN technology, you will need to enter a unique PIN (known only to you) to complete the transaction.
- Zero Loss Liability: In case of a fraudulent transaction, you can enjoy zero loss liability if you report the loss or theft of the debit card immediately to Citibank and it is successfully blocked. You can contact the 24-hour CitiPhone Banking Service on 04-3114000 to report the loss of the debit card.
For more details on the Debit Card features and relevant transactional details, please refer to section B in our Terms and Conditions.
*Available to Platinum, Titanium and World Mastercard Debit Card members.
Citibank Terms and Conditions apply, are subject to change and are available upon request. For the current Terms and Conditions, please visit our website www1.citibank.ae. All offers are made available on a best-effort basis and at the sole discretion of Citibank, N.A. Citibank, N.A. makes no warranties and assumes no liability or responsibility with respect to the products and services provided by partners / other entities. By inquiring about our services, offers or products, you will be authorizing our representatives to approach you on your contact details including your telephone / mobile number.